Amazon is one of the biggest channels for profitable eCommerce. Manufacturers and retailers from all over the world are selling on the platform itself. They strictly follow the guidelines provided by Amazon to continue selling and even generate huge profits. However, if sellers on Amazon failed to follow their guidelines, Amazon would not hesitate to suspend their accounts.
Having your Amazon Seller Account suspended can be inconvenient, especially if your account is the primary source of income and orders are waiting to be fulfilled. The process of reactivating your suspended account is straightforward, but there may be several reasons why Amazon blocked your account.
Reasons Why your Seller Account Have Been Suspended
1) Seller Performance
Amazon is well known for being very strict when it comes to its seller performance metrics. Having too many cancelled orders, bad scores on customer reviews and untimely shipping can put your account at risk of being suspended.
Always check that you are aligned with Amazon’s minimum targets listed below:
- Order defect rate less than 1%
- Pre-fulfillment cancel rate less than 2.5%
- Late shipment rate less than 4%
Amazon also expects its sellers to stick to their product content policy. Products sold on their platform should have an appropriate title, clear product image, detailed product description, and relevant keywords.
2) Selling Restricted Products
Amazon always pursues that their customers have the best buying experience possible. The platform always maintains high-quality product information and inventory. Amazon also encourages sellers to report any kind of violation done by another seller.
3) Policy Violations
Even before signing up to sell on Amazon, sellers should fully understand its requirements. Amazon Sellers should always guarantee that they are not violating any rules and policies. Here are some practices to avoid policy violations:
- Performing and auditing routine on your product information and ensuring that it matches Amazon’s policies.
- Familiarizing yourself with Amazon’s policies and agreements
- Keep yourself updated with Amazon’s recent changes in its policies
Steps in recovering and reactivating suspended Amazon Seller Account
Finding The Root of The Problem
First, thoroughly look over where you went wrong so you can identify the correct solution. Read and analyze the suspension notice sent by Amazon to know the reason for suspending your account.
Creating an Action Plan
Convince Amazon that you are a reliable vendor. An action plan should be persuasive enough to inform Amazon that you are ready to sell on their platform again. This should involve the following:
- Intelligibly identifying the issue and what caused it
- Clearly stating what needs to be done to prevent it from happening in the future
- Presenting that you are taking the required steps to ensure that the issue at hand will not occur again in the future
Writing your Action Plan
A short and straightforward action plan is always great. People working at Amazon are very busy, and they can’t afford to waste time reading a lengthy action plan. Focus on the cause of the problem and resolving it. Your amazon plan of action should have the following:
- Introduction – state who you are (including your seller name), a brief description of your business and why your account was suspended.
- Issue – clarify the problem that causes your account to be suspended. Explain the steps you took to identify the issue and a detailed explanation of why the violation occurred. Include data and details, if available, to back up your claims.
- Actions taken – identify the steps you have taken to rectify the issue since your suspension. Describe the changes that you have made to fix the problem and to prevent it from happening again.
- Closing statement – give a clear summary of the action you took to resolve the issue. Do not forget to include your request to have your seller account and privileges reactivated.
Presenting your Action Plan
Once you have prepared and reviewed your action plan thoroughly, you can submit it to Amazon. Use the steps below:
- Login on Seller Central, then navigate to the Performance tab and click on Performance Notifications.
- Find the suspension notice given to you, then click on the Appeal button, then click on Appeal Decision.
- Enter your action plan into the form provided. Attach your contact number for Amazon to contact you if they have additional inquiries.
- Click on Submit Appeal, your action plan will then be sent to the Seller Performance team for review.
- Contact Amazon’s support team to notify them and verify that they have received your appeal and are being processed.
- Wait for at least 48 hours for Amazon to review and respond to your appeal. Always check your email for updates.