Reasons for Account Suspension
There are specific reasons an Amazon Seller Account may be subject to suspension. These are some of the reasons:
- High Order Defect Rate
- Late Shipment Rate
- Pre-fulfillment Cancellations
- Linked Accounts
- Copyright Infringement
- Trademark Infringement
- Forged Document
- Reviews Manipulation
- Seller Account Hostility
Amazon will send you a suspension letter before suspending your Seller Account. If you encounter the message before Amazon suspends your account, make sure to verify what the reason for the suspension is and try to correct it, and let Amazon know the measures you have taken to fix the issue and prevent it from happening again in the future.
These account suspensions are usually carried out by Amazon Bots. These Bots freeze accounts based on specific reasons.
Appealing to Amazon
Once you clearly understand the details of why your account is suspended and have already taken measures to prevent it from happening again, it is best to create an appeal letter or plan of action before contacting Amazon.
Plan of Action / Appeal Letter Creation
An effective appeal letter or plan of action has to be convincing enough that you are ready to continue selling products on Amazon. The following are critical to an effective appeal letter or plan of action:
- Identifying the issue/s.
- Clearly explaining what has been done to address the issue at hand.
- Showing the necessary steps to assure that the problem will not occur again in the future.
Significant Items to Include
- Confirm that you address any issues Amazon had with your Seller Account
- Confirm that your plan of action solves all of the issues that your Seller account has.
- Amazon has all your key data on your Seller Account. They already know all the facts surrounding your case, and including all information about your case will be beneficial.
What Not to Include
- Do not include a ton of irrelevant verbiage.
- Do not talk about yourself or your business unless it is needed by Amazon. Amazon only requires simple facts and on point fixes.
- Never address issues that Amazon did not bring up.
Appeal Letter / Plan of Action Submission
After thoroughly reviewing your appeal letter or plan of action, submit it to Amazon using the following steps:
- Log in to Seller Central, go to the ‘Performance’ menu and click on Performance Notifications.
- Locate the suspension notice that was given to you, click the ‘Appeal’ button, and then click ‘Appeal Decision.’
- Enter your appeal letter/plan of action into the provided form. Include your personal contact number for Amazon to reach you if they have further inquiries.
- Click on ‘Submit Appeal,’ and your appeal letter/plan of action will be sent to the Seller Performance team for review.
- Call Amazon’s support staff to notify them and confirm that they have received your appeal and that it is being processed.
- Wait for Amazon to review your appeal. The team will respond to you via email. It usually takes up to 48 hours.